Completing this online-application form is a mandatory prerequisite for your registration as a student at LMU Munich.
If you have any questions on how to complete the online-application form and you are
a German citizen or foreign citizen who earned a German higher education entrance qualification, please contact the SU 1 – University Admissions Office.
a foreign citizen who earned a foreign higher education entrance qualification, please contact the International Office.
A) Legal notes
Obstacles to registration:
In accordance with Art. 46 of the Bavarian Higher Education Act (BayHSchG), registration will be denied by the university, if
1. the mentioned prerequisites are not met, according to 43 – 45 of BayHSchG.
2. the student lacks the capacity to hold a public office due to a judgment.
3. the student failed to pass an examination as required by the examination regulations or failed to pass a specified statutory trial period at an art academy at the last and final attempt, or the student is unable to complete the prerequisites in order to submit a request to take an examination for reasons he or she is ultimately responsible for himself or herself, except if the student concerned changes the degree program or major.
4. admission is restricted and there is a limited number of study places available for a particular degree program and the student was not assigned one of them.
5. the student fails to provide proof of payment for the fees and charges due or the student fails to submit the formal proof of health insurance coverage by a German statutory health insurance company due to his or her own fault.
Reasons for the denial of registration:
Registration may be denied, in accordance with § 5 section 1 of the Statutes on Registration, if
1. the student suffers from an illness which could severely imperil the health of other students or which could severely impair the regular operation of the university.
2. a student needs to be accompanied by an attendant.
3. the student received a prison sentence for at least a year for an intentionally committed offense, there is still unrestricted access to the sentence as part of the public record, and if there is reason to believe that the operation of the university could be endangered or disrupted based on the type of the committed offense.
4. the student cannot provide proof of adequate German language proficiency.
5. the student disregards the application form as far as form and deadlines are concerned, the student cannot submit the required documentation or the student does not complete the application form in its entirety.
6. the student’s desired degree program is unavailable.
7. the student requests to simultaneously register for more than two degree programs or requests to register for an identical degree program for which he or she is already registered at another university.
Since minors are limited in their capacity to conduct business and are not qualified to complete the registration procedure, according to the rules of civic law, they are also considered not competent, in accordance with Art. 12 section 1 number 2 of BayVwVfG (Bayerisches Verwaltungsverfahrensgesetz). As a result, their legal representative (parents, guardian, attendant, etc.) must stand in for them.
Therefore, this application form must be submitted by the legal representative.
When completing your application form you must select your degree program. If the examination regulations for your degree program require you to declare a combination of subjects or a major/minor, then you must also declare the subjects or major/minor and, if applicable, a course of study.
In order to register for
- nationally or locally admission-restricted degree programs, your prior admission is required which you must prove by submitting your letter of admission.
- a degree program requiring an aptitude assessment, you must submit your confirmation of aptitude assessment (1st semester students/freshmen or advanced subject-specific semester students/transfer students).
- a degree program requiring pre-registration or a mandatory self-assessment test, you must submit your confirmation of pre-registration issued by the department (only 1st subject-specific semester students).
Details on degree programs which are admission-restricted, require an aptitude-assessment, pre-registration, a mandatory self-assessment test or are unrestricted, you will find at Studienangebot.
B) Technical notes
Your computer operating system and your internet browser should run on an updated version (e.g. Internet Explorer Version 7.0 or later versions).
If access is temporarily unavailable, it is usually sufficient to try again sometime later. The online-application form is unavailable between 11:00 p.m. and 02:00 a.m. due to maintenance and updates. If you are still unable to correct your technical problems despite this information, please contact the following email address!
C) Notes on registration
Registration in person:
International applicants (including applicants for the Studienkolleg who are NOT German nationals) who received their notification of admission from the International Office must register in person at the International Office during the registration period specified in their notification: Further information concerning the registration in person at the International Office. (Applicants for the Studienkolleg who are German nationals must register in person on the specified date at the Office of the University Registrar.)
Registration by mail:
All other applicants must mail their application for registration and all documents printed on paper to the Office of the University Registrar.
D) Notes on data protection
Please read the information on data protection!