Leave of absence due to a study abroad program
A leave of absence due to a study abroad program will only be granted, if students provide proof of registration and enrollment at a university abroad, if students want to improve their foreign language skills as part of their language degree program at an educational institution abroad or if they are participating in an intercultural study project coordinated by an institute at LMU Munich (please submit the confirmation issued by the institute).
Please submit the following documents:
Leave of absence request form (you do not need this form, if you come to the office in person)
- the LMUcard as your student ID card is only required when you come to the office in person; please do not enclose it when submitting the request by mail
- for the first semester of a study abroad program: notification of admission or letter of acceptance issued by the university abroad (a copy) and a German translation, if applicable (students may translate the document themselves)
If your study abroad program is being organized by the Erasmus Program, a confirmation issued by the International Office at LMU Munich will suffice!
- for the second semester of a study abroad program: the original registration certificate issued by the university abroad and a German translation, if applicable (students may translate the document themselves)
- to improve your foreign language skills: the confirmation issued by the educational institution abroad (students may translate the document themselves)
- for an intercultural study project: the confirmation issued by the institute at LMU Munich, which is coordinating this intercultural study project.
You may submit your request for a leave of absence either in person or in writing to the SU 2 - Academic Registrar.