Research assistant/Doctoral student TV-L E13 60%, fixed-term 36 months
(Institute of Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine)
|Ende der Bewerbungsfrist:||10.04.2018|
|Entgeltgruppe:||TV-L E 13|
Es handelt sich um eine Teilzeitstelle. (Stundenzahl: 24)
Die Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) ist eine der renommiertesten und größten Universitäten Deutschlands.
The research position is available within the research group “META – mHealth: Ethical, legal
and societal aspects in the technological age”. The international and interdisciplinary project
investigates and evaluates ethical, legal and societal aspects of mobile health
technologies (e.g. health apps, wearables) from an individual, population and global
perspective. The project is funded by the German Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).
● Conduct a normative/ethical analysis of norms and values in relation to mobile health
technologies on a population and/or global level
● Dissemination and knowledge transfer, e.g. international, peer-reviewed publications;
feed results into an educatory website
● Collaboration (e.g. co-organize events) and exchange within the research group
● Acquisition of a doctoral/PhD-degree during the project is possible and highly
● Master’s degree in a relevant academic discipline (e.g., philosophy)
● Expertise in ethical/normative analysis
● Interest in embedding philosophy in societal context
● Scientific ambition, strong analytical skills, enthusiasm and the ability to work
● Spoken and written fluency in English
● Knowledge of German is an advantage
● Demonstrated interest in questions of justice and vulnerability; public health ethics; global and public health; health technology/mHealth is an additional asset
We offer an exciting research experience in an innovative project at the intersection of health, technology, philosophy, social science and law. The work atmosphere is welcoming and supportive. The post holder will work in an interdisciplinary team at the Institute of Ethics, History and Theory of Medicine (http://www.en.egt.med.uni-muenchen.de) in the beautiful city
of Munich, at one of the most prestigious universities in Germany and in exchange with national and international partners at other leading research universities. The salary will be according to TV-L E13 (60%). The position is for a fixed-term of 36 months.
We especially encourage female scholars to apply. The LMU endeavors to raise the percentage of women among its academic personnel. Among applicants chosen for interviews, given equal qualification, preference will be given to candidates with disabilities.
Schwerbehinderte Bewerber / Bewerberinnen werden bei ansonsten im Wesentlichen gleicher Eignung bevorzugt.
Please send your application (inc. cover letter, CV, list of publications, 1-3 relevant writing samples) by 10. April 2018 electronically as a single pdf file with the subject matter
“Application META Phil” to Sigrid Detschey:
For further information please contact the project leader PD Dr. Verina Wild: firstname.lastname@example.org.