Two Early Stage Researcher Positions
Fakultät für Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaften
(Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society)
|Ende der Bewerbungsfrist:||01.03.2018|
Es besteht grundsätzlich die Möglichkeit der Teilzeitbeschäftigung.
Die Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) ist eine der renommiertesten und größten Universitäten Deutschlands.
- Applicants MUST—as of 1 September 2018—be an “early stage researcher”: they must be within the first four years of their research career and NOT already hold a doctoral degree.
- Applicants MAY NOT have resided in or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the three years immediately prior to their recruitment. (Short stays, such as holidays, are not taken into account.)
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline with final marks that correspond to the 2,0 (Magna Cum Laude / “Good”) in the German system.
- Excellent English language proficiency both orally and in writing.
Knowledge and Experience
- Degree-level knowledge of contemporary issues and theories in environmental history, human geography, sociology, politics, planning, or a related social science discipline.
- Research experience in the field of the specific ESR position.
- Knowledge and/or experience of collaborative approaches to sustainable resource management.
- Knowledge and experience of qualitative research methods.
- In accordance with the mobility goals of Marie Curie Innovative Training Networks, appointed candidates will be required to visit other network partners for secondments and attend research and training events for the network. Whilst the individual training events will require short-stay travel only (1–2 weeks), the secondments (which will be hosted by the consortium institutions) will each require a residence of three months. The costs of travel and secondments will be met by the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions program.
- Candidates should possess a strong affinity with the RECOMS topic, be keen to develop multi- and transdisciplinary forms of research, and be motivated to gain a broad and advanced range of academic and professional skills.
- Candidates should understand the aims, rules, and procedures of Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions Innovative Training Networks.
- Candidates should have an interest in visual and creative methods and forms of communication. Whilst evidence of direct prior experience of this is desirable, it is not essential.
- Both the ability to work as part of a team and the ambition to engage in participatory and collaborative forms of research and learning are essential.
- Candidates will be expected both to work under supervision, and also to take full responsibility for individual tasks.
AnforderungenDeadline for Applications
23:59 Central European Time 1 March 2018. Please ensure your application is submitted to the host institution before this deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
Applicants are permitted to apply for a maximum of three positions from across the total 15 RECOMS ESR vacancies. For information on the ESR positions other than the two hosted at LMU Munich, please see here.
Applicants for the Munich positions are required to submit
- a full CV
- a motivation letter (maximum 2 pages)
- the names of two referees (to be called upon should you be shortlisted)
- proof of eligibility as an annex where relevant, including a) proof that you have no more than four years’ experience as a postgraduate researcher; b) proof that you did not spend more than 12 months in the last three years in Germany; and c) further information on English language proficiency.
Please upload all parts of the application as a single PDF and send this via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are applying for more than one ESR position: please make a separate application for each position, whether in Germany or elsewhere. Multiple applications are welcome and will not influence the selection chance in any particular project. Please mention on each application which ESR project you are applying for and indicate whether you have parallel applications for other RECOMS projects.
Please submit your application in English.
By submitting an application, the candidate is consenting to their application being shared with the Selection Committee and the RECOMS coordinator. If you are shortlisted for interview, please note the interview panel will consist of the host and non-host institution RECOMS partners. Your application will be available to all panel members from submission for the purpose of assessing your suitability for the post.
NB: Please take care to ensure that applications for individual ESR positions are submitted directly to the respective host institutions—only applications for the positions hosted by LMU Munich should be submitted to the RCC. For submission details for the other positions, please follow the link to the main website and proceed from there.
Additional Information: Note: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview during April or May 2018. Those candidates who are invited for interview will be required to submit a copy of their Master’s thesis and prepare a short doctoral study project research plan. If you are shortlisted for interview, please note the interview panel will consist of the host and non-host institution RECOMS partners. Your application will be available to all panel members from submission for the purpose of assessing your suitability for the post. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates directly.
Start Date: 1 September 2018
Duration: 36 months (fixed term)
Schwerbehinderte Bewerber / Bewerberinnen werden bei ansonsten im Wesentlichen gleicher Eignung bevorzugt.
Rachel Carson Center
For further information on the two ESR positions hosted in Munich, please contact email@example.com.